FumeFX has been used in production on films like Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, Thor, Iron Man and games like Dantes Inferno and Warhammer Online.
Features of FumeFX include
- The VoxelFlow simulation technology at the core of FumeFX is the applications independent solver running on 32-bit and 64-bit Windows. Included to simulate gaseous fluids as well as adding colour propagation to increase the realism of rendered images.
- With full GPU based Preview Window that is supportive of volumetric self-shadow and display of geometry, FumeFX has advanced GPU processing power and increased on-board memory.
- Including two built in shaders to control fire, smoke and fuel rendering as well as temperature, velocity and customisable colour gradients.
- Eliminate the need to run simulations at low resolutions at increased simulation times use the Wavelet Turbulence technique. Run simulations on a course grid and generate additional details with a single click, saving time and effort.
- To avoid increasing voxels and re-calculating simulation when adding details to fluids, FumeFX implements fluid mapping to add visual detail to smoke. Enabling the user to overlay procedural 3D textures and increasing detail as well as minimising simulation time.
- FumeFX Burn allows the creation of soot deposit formations and heat accumulation colour changes to produce realistic smoke and fire.