Exos X 5U84
Seagate® Exos™ X 5U84 is the datasphere’s ultra-dense, intelligent solution for maximum capacity and performance at an exceptionally low TCO
- Expand a data centre seamlessly with single enclosures that host up to 84 drives each and connect up to four enclosures that can host up to 336 drives (6.04 PB using 18 TB drives). Capacity varies with drives used.
- Efficiently manage hot and cold data with real-time data tiering option
- Deliver unfettered data access with dual redundant controllers capable of achieving up to 7 GB/s sequential read, 5.5 GB/s sequential write performance
- Rebuild drives faster than ever and reduce downtime with Seagate ADAPT data protection technology
- Opt for replication and snapshot features to meet critical enterprise requirements
Maximum Capacity and Consistent High Performance
Up to 84 drives in a single 5U enclosure with up to 99.999% high availability and throughputs reaching 7 GB/s sequential read and 5.5 GB/s sequential write. Easily expand to accommodate data proliferation by connecting up to four Exos X 5U84 systems together for a total of 336 drive slots.
This flexible solution is perfect for businesses with demanding streaming environments that require high read and write throughput while still needing considerable storage space. Built to ensure all space is used to its maximum potential, application access to data is virtually instantaneous, ensuring IT and end users can work efficiently.
Easy to Set Up, Maintain, and Expand
All system components — the enclosure, the controller, the firmware, and the drives — are developed and optimised by our engineers to work together seamlessly. This reduces support calls and eliminates technical learning curves. Modular architecture makes components interchangeable between systems, and upgrades are simple due to common FRUs, PCMs, controllers, and software.
Get Data to Applications Fast and Protect Valuable Assets
This system is full of features that enable applications to access data with up to a 99.999% availability design. Parallel architecture, multi-core processing, data replication, and fast streaming make access to data unfettered, while exclusive Seagate ADAPT data protection technology delivers fast drive rebuilds that virtually eliminate system downtime.
Build In Security at the Foundation of the Data Life Cycle
Protect the most valuable business assets with Seagate Secure™ cybersecurity features and intelligent firmware — such as SFTP, SED support, and administrator access controls — that provide builtin security measures for reliable and safe file access, transfer, and management.
Click here for full tech spec sheet