Planar Tracking Innovation
- mocha is award winning tracking software developed by Imagineer Systems. Built upon a renowned Planar Tracking image engine, mocha follows “pixel patterns” through the most difficult conditions including objects that go off-screen, objects that are partially obscured, even out of focus footage.
- This technology drives our products and is licensed to technology partners.
Editors, colorists and effects artists worldwide use our tools for:
- Tracking graphics, cell phones & screen inserts
- Roto masking to isolate, correct and layer
- Object Removal, clean plates & digital beauty work
- Camera and image stabilization
- 3D Camera Tracking and animation
Tools for Artists and Filmmakers
mocha has a proven record on countless high profile film & television projects including:The Wolf of Wall Street, The Hobbit, the Harry Potter film series, The Walking Dead, Grimm, and many more.
From the Adobe bundled mocha AE CC up to mocha Pro, our products help artists and editors solve problems.
Planar Tracking = Less Keyframes
- Traditional tracking tools requires a user to select “points” that remain consistent throughout the entire shot in order to track movement. Point and feature tracking often run into problems when an object is out of focus or obscured.
- mocha’s innovation has been to create a new paradigm for motion tracking that is faster and easier to learn than camera tracking and more robust and dependable than point tracking. mocha compliments post-production software including tools from Adobe, Autodesk and Apple.
Academy Award Winning Technology
In 2013 Imagineer’s team was awarded a Scientific & Engineering Award from The Academy of Motion Pictures for the development of mocha:
mocha provides robust planar–tracking even when there are no clearly defined points in the image. Its effectiveness, ease of use, and ability to exchange rotoscoping data with other image processing tools have resulted in widespread adoption of the software in the visual effects industry.