Tools for symmetrical retopologizing NEW
- Enforce topologically symmetrical results when retopologizing meshes.
- Base symmetry on the source topology or on a local or world axis for completely symmetrical results.
- Copy painting and sculpting detail from one or both sides of the source.
- Use the new Make Symmetrical tool to make existing meshes across one or more axes without retopologizing.
Efficient layer grouping NEW
- Organize Sculpt Layers and Paint Layers into layer groups to more quickly and easily identify certain layers in complex scenes.
- Toggle visibility ito focus on a particular aspect of the work,or to duplicate multiple layers at once.
- Use Sculpt Layer groups to receive and store Blend Shape targets from Maya 2015 software.
- Use Paint Layer groups to manually merge layers or flatten groups on export.
Maya interoperability for textures (enhanced) NEW
- Import and export Ptex and multitile UV textures to and from Maya.
- Single-step interoperability provides an iterative round-trip workflow between Mudbox and Maya using Ptex and multitile textures texturing methods.
- Ptex textures offer a UV-less painting workflow.
- Multitile textures enable artists to paint outside of the 0-1 UV space.
Maya image plane matching (enhanced) NEW
- Enjoy a smoother multiproduct modeling workflow when using images for reference in both Maya and Mudbox software.
- Set up an image plane in Maya, and use it as a reference for base mesh modeling. Then, send it to Mudbox along with the model to add finer details as part of the single-step interoperability workflow. The software retains many image plane parameter settings, so you can continue to use the same reference without the need to readjust the image to match.
Maya Blend Shape interoperability (enhanced) NEW
- Create Blend Shapes in Mudbox and merge them into a Maya scene via Layer Groups.
- Store Blend Shapes as Sculpt Layer groups in Mudbox.
- Add new targets or delete existing ones within Mudbox, and correctly update them in Maya.
- Take advantage of the intuitive Mudbox sculpting toolset to create facial shapes and carry out shot sculpting.
Texture export and updating (enhanced) NEW
An enhanced texture export and updating workflow enables you to set different export paths for different channels and paint layers.
Mudbox remembers the paths, so textures can update with a single click during painting, regardless of the target downstream application or whether the shaders are supported by Mudbox.
This capability offers greater flexibility for iterative painting workflows within custom or proprietary pipelines and reduces manual relinking, helping to increase artist productivity.
Caliper tool for proportional measurement NEW
Measure the distance between two points on a model or along a curve.
Gauge and maintain proper proportions during the sculpting process.
Help to ensure that meshes match a desired real-world scale or fit with other objects or environments that may be created separately.
Professional digital sculpting toolset
- Get fast, smooth, accurate results.
- Paint directly onto 3D models
- True 3D painting across multiple channels, in multiple formats.
Advanced retopology tools
Create clean, production-quality meshes from scanned, imported, or sculpted data.
Create accurate normal, displacement, and ambient occlusion maps.
Interactive control and display
Multitouch interaction and render-quality results in the viewport.
3D layer capabilities
Experiment with design concepts and make revisions easily.
Mudbox offers single-step interoperability with certain products in Entertainment Creation Suites 2015 and enhanced Photoshop compatibility.
Access a library of free* tools and communicate with peers in the Mudbox Community.