Substance 3D Collection
Empower Your Creative Team to Take Their Ideas Further
In the Substance 3D ecosystem, smart creative apps and high-end content gives you everything you need to make inspiring art, for the beginner and expert alike. Discover all the tools you need to texture your 3D assets. You can work from real-life photos, design complex parametric materials with full authoring control, or you can simply pick up a brush and paint in 3D.
From designing to 3D prototyping, to sharing creations across multiple formats and platforms, the Adobe Substance 3D Collection offers a state-of-the-art, end-to-end workflow for creative professionals. The intuitive features enable designers to easily model, texture, stage, and publish 3D content. You can also bolster your team’s 3D expertise by leveraging our brand-new Adobe Substance 3D Learn online videos and strengthen your in-house capabilities.
Substance 3D Stager
Set up the perfect shot. Build and assemble 3D scenes in Stager. Set up assets, materials, lights, and camera for virtual photography. Export and share media, and publish to web or to AR. Substance 3D Stager lets you make creative decisions in context.
Refine and adjust your composition in real time. Visualise and edit advanced materials with complex lighting and shadows. Build your realistic 3D scenes with quick and efficient smart tools. Block out shapes, snap elements, activate physics to avoid collisions between models, and generate simple lights.
Stager comes with models, materials, and lights to get started. Or explore and use the thousands of high-end assets made by our 3D experts and included with your Substance 3D Collection plan. Leverage the full power of Creative Cloud: import elements from Modeler, Painter, Designer, and Sampler. Edit images in Illustrator and Photoshop, and instantly see your modifications in Stager.
- Enhance your lighting with the environment light editor or add physical 3D lights to your scene for advanced lighting design.
- Enjoy support for an array of formats from CAD (for enterprise customers) to USD and GLTF, as well as parametric Substance materials, lights, and models.
- Set up realistic collisions between objects during positioning and transformation.
- Import your Painter projects into Stager with a single click and pick up where you left off.
- Switch between real-time rendering and interactive path tracing while keeping a high visual quality.
Substance 3D Painter
Substance 3D Painter has the tools you need to texture your 3D assets, from advanced brushes to Smart Materials that automatically adapt to your model. Breathe life into your art. Substance 3D Painter is widely used in game and movie production as well as in product design, fashion, and architecture. It’s a go-to 3D texturing app for creative professionals everywhere.
Painter helps you achieve the look you want, from product design to realistic games and visual effects to projects such as stylised animation. Use Smart Materials that adjust to any object to show realistic surface detail or wear and tear.
Explore mask presets that adapt to any shape, and paint with efficient, dynamic tools. The state-of-the-art viewport in Painter shows all your artistic decisions in real time. Iterate on complex materials with advanced lighting and shadows, making texturing even more creative and painless. You can even preview your model in the included path tracing mode.
In Painter, every action and stroke is recorded, and can be recomputed at any time. This means you can change the resolution of your project at any time without ever decreasing quality, or even modify existing paint strokes.
- Paint using dynamic brushes, projection tools, or particles. Painter also supports Adobe Photoshop brush presets.
- Apply realistic details, from subtle dust layers to signs of extreme wear and tear.
- Reproduce real-life material behaviors such as subsurface scattering, sheen, anisotropy, or clear-coat. Preserve these properties when exporting.
- Export to any game engine or renderer effortlessly. Create custom export presets to fit into any pipeline or workflow.
- Automatic UVs ensure imported models don’t need any special preparation for texturing. Lay out UVs over multiple tiles to maintain high resolution.
- Painter supports multi-tile painting (UDIMs), Alembic, camera import, and Python scripting and is compliant with the VFX Reference Platform. It is also available on Linux.
Substance 3D Designer
With Substance 3D Designer, create seamless materials and patterns, image filters, environment lights, or even 3D models. Each asset can output infinite variations. Substance 3D Designer is used across many industries and is at the center of most video game and visual effects material pipelines. Substance parametric materials are supported in most 3D creation tools and will integrate seamlessly into any workflow. Send your materials directly to Substance 3D Painter and Stager.
The node-based workflow allows you to use a wide range of approaches. Any step of the process can always be modified later. Try everything, adjust anytime. Designer comes with a rich node library to create your assets from scratch. Build upon and learn from thousands of materials from Substance 3D Assets and Substance 3D Community Assets.Generate dynamic 3D models, or combine existing elements like curves and kitbash models.
Create parametric environment lights to use in any app supported by Substance 3D. Designer comes with an extensive scripting API so you can tailor the app to your needs. Build and share powerful plugins with the integrated Python scripting interface. Create tools and utility graphs to supercharge your pipeline.
- Access hundreds of nodes and filters. Create any surface with unique and randomisable noises and patterns.
- Create parametric lighting stages using procedural lights or 360° photos.
- Take advantage of Pantone and OpenColorIO support.
- Create MDL materials with the dedicated shader graph.
- Send materials and filters to other Substance 3D applications, allowing you to iterate in context with Designer.
- This graph lets you generate customisable and dynamic 3D models.
Substance 3D Sampler
Substance 3D Sampler is at the heart of your 3D workflow. Easily transform a real-life picture into a photorealistic surface or HDR environment. Easily import a reference photo and transform it into a high-quality 3D material with features powered by Adobe Sensei. Closely match the original real-life surface and create seamless tileable materials from your captures.
Combine multiple materials and parametric filters to create more advanced surfaces. Access thousands of materials on Substance 3D Assets and Substance 3D Community Assets. The possibilities are endless. Drag and drop your image, add a couple of prebuilt filters, and voila - a library of one. Click generators, filters, and effects lets you quickly experiment and get results in just a few clicks. Send your assets directly to Substance 3D Painter and Stager.
Use generators and filters from Designer, composite light environments for Stager, or send materials and lights to Painter. You can even edit your 2D inputs directly in Adobe Photoshop. Choose from a variety of export presets for all major 3D apps.
- The Image to material feature removes shadows and generates albedo, roughness, normal, and displacement maps with unparalleled accuracy.
- Use your content anywhere. Send your assets directly to Painter and Stager, or use them in your favorite 3D applications.
- Create HDR environment lights in real time from 360° images. Enrich and edit them with parametric effects or even other lights.
- Send any input image to Photoshop and take advantage of its extensive image editing toolset, with direct feedback in Sampler.
- Scatter leaves, pebbles, and more on your material. Choose from a vast library of atlases made by our team of 3D experts or use your own scanned content.
- Add filters, combine weathering and natural effects such as moss, snow, water, or dirt with any existing material.
Substance 3D Asset Library
Access thousands of customisable models, lights, and materials created by specialists and world-class guest artists. Modifiable parameters allow infinite variations.