Good news for those of you currently working with Autodesk Revit - the clever people at Chaos Group have been working tirelessly on a render solution that offers fully integrated access to V-Ray throughout the design process. And better still, the V-Ray for Revit beta is now public.
V-Ray already supports design packages such as SketchUp, Rhino, and 3ds Max - so now by adding Revit to the mix you can look forward to a unified, uninterrupted visualisation workflow. Whether you’re adopting new tools for VR output, materials and environments or adjusting Revit cameras, lighting, and materials - all are supported for easy adoption.
Supported on V-Ray for Revit:
- Revit Architecture 2015, 2016
- Revit MEP 2015, 2016
- Revit Structure 2015, 2016
- Revit Building Design Suite 2015, 2016
- An interface that is familiar and with added easy-to-use quality presets
- Unique global overrides for diagrammatic renderings
- V-Ray Frame Buffer for advanced post-processing
- VR output with V-Ray’s stereoscopic camera
To join the public beta of V-Ray for Revit you'll need to go direct to Chaos Group. Create an account or login at chaosgroup.com, then register direct on the Chaos Group website.